On April 18, we are joined by Beth Wittmer, Director of Care Management at Florida Cancer Specialist, to discuss care management for cancer patients.
As an Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) herself, Beth truly understands the role care management plays in supporting our patients so they have the highest quality of care available to them 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. Beth and her team make literally hundreds of phone calls with FCS patients on a daily basis and are there to answer questions, help manage any symptoms or drug reactions and support patients and their families on an emotional level as needed.
Telehealth video chats with a registered dietitian are also a part of the Care Management program at FCS – so Beth can also talk about connecting with patients remotely during this coronavirus crisis.
Dedicated registered nurse since 1991. Well versed in ONCO/EMR and has been working in the oncology setting for more than 13 years. Transitioned in 2015 from the office setting to help develop the Care Management Department. Assisted in the implementation of the Oncology Care Model (OCM) for Florida Cancer Specialists. Promoted to Director of Care Management in July 2019. Possesses strong interpersonal, clinical, and managerial skills. Highly motivated in maintaining patient-centric care and ongoing education for staff and patients.
- Guest panel participant at FLASCO conference 2017 to discuss FCS Care Management program
- Guest education panel participant for Lilly Oncology for needed patient education from nurse perspective 2018 Miami Breast Conference
- Participated in the COA conference 2018 to help represent current issues for community oncology practices to the Florida Representatives on an arranged Hill Day at Washington DC April 2018
- Guest panel participant at the AJMC Managed Markets Network® Patient-Centered Oncology Care November 2018
- Guest speaker for AJMC for the Institute of Value-Based Medicine to present Improving Quality Measures in Emergency Room Admissions: Case Study Florida Cancer Specialists April 2019
- Participated on the Duvelisib Nurse Advisory Board for Verastem Oncology, May 2019
- Current CPAN chapter leader for Florida Cancer Specialist
- Active member of ONS national and local membership
- Member of the Keiser University Advisory Board-Fort Myers 2019-2020
Personal Community Involvement
- Active on Leadership Team at Bay Shore Church
- Youth sponsor and chaperone for mission trips to Haiti & West VA
- Medical Missions to Haiti with Amigos of Latin America 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015