Beth Wittmer and Sean Berry of Florida Cancer Specialists
On December 14, we are joined by Beth Wittmer, oncology-certified nurse and director of Florida Cancer Specialists’ Care Management program, and Sean Berry, licensed clinical social worker of the Care Management program, to discuss care management for cancer patients.
Beth Wittmer, RN, BSN, OCN
Dedicated registered nurse since 1991. Well versed in ONCO/EMR and has been working in the oncology setting for more than 13 years. Transitioned in 2015 from the office setting to help develop the Care Management Department. Assisted in the implementation of the Oncology Care Model (OCM) for Florida Cancer Specialists. Promoted to Director of Care Management in July 2019. Possesses strong interpersonal, clinical, and managerial skills. Highly motivated in maintaining patient-centric care and ongoing education for staff and patients.
- Guest panel participant at FLASCO conference 2017 to discuss FCS Care Management program
- Guest education panel participant for Lilly Oncology for needed patient education from nurse perspective 2018 Miami Breast Conference
- Participated in the COA conference 2018 to help represent current issues for community oncology practices to the Florida Representatives on an arranged Hill Day at Washington DC April 2018
- Guest panel participant at the AJMC Managed Markets Network® Patient-Centered Oncology Care November 2018
- Guest speaker for AJMC for the Institute of Value-Based Medicine to present Improving Quality Measures in Emergency Room Admissions: Case Study Florida Cancer Specialists April 2019
- Participated on the Duvelisib Nurse Advisory Board for Verastem Oncology, May 2019
- Current CPAN chapter leader for Florida Cancer Specialist
- Active member of ONS national and local membership
- Member of the Keiser University Advisory Board-Fort Myers 2019-2020
Personal Community Involvement
- Active on Leadership Team at Bay Shore Church
- Youth sponsor and chaperone for mission trips to Haiti & West VA
- Medical Missions to Haiti with Amigos of Latin America 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015
Sean Berry, LCSW
Sean has been practicing since 2012 and is a licensed clinical social worker. He received his master’s degree from University of Maryland School of Social Work, and received training at John Hopkins Hospital. He has specific training in treating psychological trauma, anxiety, issues of adjustment, and depression. Sean is available for appointments.